Johnstown pa dating sites escuchar radio decibelios online dating
The Little Conemaugh and the Stony Creek Rivers, which ran along the peripheral of the town and merged to form the Conemaugh River at the western end, drained a 657 square mile watershed which dropped in the rivers from mountains 500 feet above (Click here for a map of the area, published shortly after the flood).
Visit the Johnstown Flood Museum, which is operated by the Johnstown Area Heritage Association, to find out more about this shocking episode in American history.
The Johnstown Area Heritage Association receives many inquiries about the 1889 flood.
Please visit the 1889 Flood Resources page on the Archives & Research section of this site for a broad range of links, essays, downloadable information and more.
The following narrative about the 1889 flood is by Edwin Hutcheson, excerpted from "Floods of Johnstown: 1889-1936 -1977," published in 1989 by the Cambria County Tourist Council.
By the morning of May 31, 1889, there was water in the streets.